NEW! for 2020 Contest… an optional diecut!
This year we’ve decided to let students incorporate a diecut into their design if they see it fit. The only caveat is that you need to communicate to the Lawton team that you are using a diecut in your design and give any special instruction we might need to know as to how to cut it out.
When saving and submitting your final PDF files we would like one PDF with the outline with your diecut in the design and then a clean version of your design without the diecut. That way we can use the clean art and (we will manually) cut out your design.
Using a diecut in your design is not required!
Folded Card Dimensions
- 2-sided sheet with the flat size measuring 28″ x 5.875″
- The sheet folds up to a finished size of 5.875″ x 5.5″
- Use the provided InDesign template for placement of folds.
- Suitable PDF files of entries will be submitted by noon, Friday, March 6, 2020
- You may name the file with your name and class, when submitted, the system will also attach the appropriate identifying information from your registration
- All submitted PDF entries must be exported using the “High Quality Print” option and remember to click on the box to “Use Document Bleed Settings“
- All submissions must be in PDF format; native files will be accepted if packaged with fonts and links
- All jobs must be in CMYK. No RGB images
- 1/16″ bleed on all sides
- Ink saturation must be less than <280%
The InDesign file was created in the 2018 release of Adobe Creative Cloud. Use the .idml file if you are using a different version of InDesign.